The Culinary Adventures of a Food Network Addict

My cooking style is definitely eclectic, influenced by a European Mom and a Southern Grandma. I find my inspirations from many sources, television cooking shows, magazines and other blogs, just to name a few. I never follow a recipe exactly, I have to monkey around with it and make it my own.

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

EIGHT Years???





I cannot believe I started (and abandoned) this blog EIGHT years ago.  Wow has life changed since then! We are living in a brand new world (oh yeah, and there is that pesky pandemic to deal with.)

My husband and I are now officially empty nesters.  We unfortunately lost our oldest son Justin last year.  Our middle son Matt graduated from college and we are gaining a daughter, Emily, on December 5th.  Our youngest, Reed, is living on his own and attending USC (the REAL one, in South Carolina.)  We lost our fur baby Baxter but now have a new one, Jaxon.  He is a 10-month old beagle and it's like having a toddler in the house!

It took me awhile to get used to cooking for two.  If you ask my husband he'll say I still haven't gotten used to it!  Cooking is my passion and my therapy.  Give me a glass of wine and let me loose in the kitchen and I'm a happy girl.

I've decided to start this blog back up.  I am on my 1,000 quest to get healthy, so a lot of my recipes will be on the healthy side.  If you know me at all you know I can't abandon my pasta or sweets completely, so there will be some "good" stuff too!

If you stumble back across this blog, please leave me a comment.  Just say hi, let me know what's going on in your life, tell me to kick rocks, whatever!  Stay tuned....



No comments:

Post a Comment